SimpleHelp Community

5.2.9 upgrade unable to login with LDAP group

was able to login with simplehelpadmin, then deleted my AD account and then could login, however i have almost 80 users and 1800 PCs. Its sunday here so hopefully an easy fix otherwise i will have to restore VM from veeam, but not sure what that will mean for all clients that have upgraded their agent

just downgraded to 5.2.8 and all updated fine… sucks as my maintenance ran out on the 22/5/2020 and with the current COVID-19 unable to renew atm. Hopefully COVID-19 will stop causing havoc in the media industry later in the year and we can renew.

5.2.10 has resolved the LDAP Group membership issue for us. Also, please see the release notes for 5.2.10.

SimpleHelp 5.2.10 (20200522-120931)

• [Bug] SimpleHelp 5.2.9 introduced a strictly form of account verification which may cause issues when logging in with existing group-authenticated users. This has been rolled back in this release.
  • [Bug] SimpleHelp now enables Remote Work when creating a default Remote Work login group.
  • [Bug] Minor fixes to application dialogs when displayed on HiDPI Windows systems.

not great as i dont have the budget due to covid to renew our maintenance for the moment. i want to upgrade to 5.2.9 but cant as 5.2.10 is released 1 day after my licence expired. Simple help, any chance you can re-release 5.2.9 with the rollback of 5.2.10?

• [Bug] SimpleHelp 5.2.9 introduced a strictly form of account verification which may cause issues when logging in with existing group-authenticated users. This has been rolled back in this release.

i would like to move some of my team viewer remote staff to remote workers, but not possible in 5.2.8

Hey Matt. I was going through the community and saw this.
Just a reminder, the devs do not actively monitor the community forums. Your best bet is to submit a ticket. I am hoping you got this resolved since it was a couple of months ago.

From experience working with the devs, they are pretty flexible and understanding. They have been great to work with. I am sure they can get a solution for you if you contact them. Either a license extension, a rollback or something. Hopefully you got or get it worked out.