SimpleHelp Mobile Support App Development

90% sure that even supervised iOS devices require user interaction to enable a screen recording session, but Apple.

LOVE the progress, hope to be testing soon.

SIDE NOTE:
Can you PLEASE fix the extreamly LARGE ICONs on the bottom of the page when using the /mobile with a Chrome BOOK or Chrome BROWSER.

2 Likes

Hi Jerry, please post your request on their website as they do not actively monitor this forum.

https://simple-help.com/support-tickets
From that link you can pick feature request or bug.

@Jerry I am with you on that. Please submit it as a feature request.
Would love a native chrome app or something that worked well in just the browser for us techs.

As a workaround, you can use the linux beta on a chromebook and run the linux technician. It works well.
If you run 2 separate installs though like I do, you will need to run it from the command line each time.
If you have just one install it works well because it will make you an icon and you can just use that each time after you install the tech client.

I dabbled with the new mobile client in 5.3 when away skiing on my Android tablet. Stopped because a) I was on holiday and b) it wasn’t easy to use. I did raise a ticket to re-visit it when I had more time.

Any updates or release timing on the IOS or Android app’s?

How do we get a beta?

Thanks

5 Likes

Any release date for 5.3 and/or mobile support?

1 Like

@Antony Any news you can share. I am curious as well.

A mobile technician app or just mobile quick support would be a great feature to have, any news on a future release?, road map? I know its been discussed in the past but it seems odd it is not availble yet, you released this nearly 1.5 years ago :slight_smile:

This was posted 2 years ago. Is it coming out?

Is there anything new? This would be a nice feature…

This would be a nice advantage. Hopefully we can use API’s to secure access to our servers from remote devices. So we can easily kill them if they get lost / stolen

looking forward to this. is there an update?

I hope there is an update to this. It would be awesome! It would also be great if we can get a remote access agent on the phones for clients we have to support often.

A game changer for Simple-Help.

1 Like

I agree mobile support would be a great, we support a lot of iPads and being about to view the screen would make our life a lot easier

2 Likes

It looks like things are getting closer!!! :slight_smile:

Is there a definitive timeline on when the app availability will be released? I ask every 6 months on the support emails but keep getting “Soon”.

April 25 2022
I’ve a dozen times this would have saved me a dozen hours in the last three dozen days.
what is the status of releasing this app?

2 Likes

I really hope it allows for admin login to support clients.

The remote application just allows you to see a client’s iOS device screen. This is not meant to be an admin console for technicians to log in to remotely jump on machines or launch scripts.