Can't get server to run on RPi 3

Trying to set up a server on a RPi 3, but when I run the serverstart script it errors with:

serverstart.sh : 82: serverstart.sh: ./jre/bin/java: Exec format error

with openjdk version 11.0.9.1

I want to migrate the server out of a VM, as I have clients using remote work and I want to be able to take the host down whenever I need without interrupting their access. I have less than 100 machines connected so the load should be manageable. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I was given instructions from SimpleHelp support on how to setup my Pi 4 running ubuntu and couldn’t get it to work either.

This error typically indicates that the Java runtime in:

./jre

is an x86 or x64 runtime, perhaps because an Intel build of SimpleHelp was used and the OS does not support it. My suggestion would be to do the following from within the SimpleHelp installation location:

• Remove the existing Intel JRE:

rm -fr jre

• Download a new JRE. For 64 bit OS we usually use:

wget https://cdn.azul.com/zulu-embedded/bin/zulu8.52.0.23-ca-jdk8.0.282-linux_aarch64.tar.gz

and for 32 bit we use:

wget https://cdn.azul.com/zulu-embedded/bin/zulu8.52.0.23-ca-jdk8.0.282-linux_aarch32hf.tar.gz

• Extract the JRE:

tar -xzf zulu*

• Rename the JRE:

mv zulu*/jre .

You can then remove the zulu folder.

After replacing the JRE I get:
Unrecognized VM option “UseMembar”
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

Deleted the previous installation and reinstalled via SimpleSetup; installation errored out. When I run the start script I get “serverstart.sh: 82: serverstart.sh: java: not found”

Followed the steps above to install the JRE, run serverstart.sh and I get the same error:
root@raspberrypi:/opt/SimpleHelp# Unrecognized VM option ‘UseMembar’
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

Looks like I have it running now:

• Flashed SD card with 64 bit Ubuntu Server image
  • Used SimpleSetup to install SimpleHelp Server, still wouldn’t start
  • Installed 64 bit Java using instructions above from gchristelis
  • Imported configuration from my existing VM

It would be great if this process was improved. Having issues when installing using SimpleSetup is not something I’d expect.