Download Recording

I was curious if we have an option to download the session recording to our computer? If not I think this would be a good option to add down the road.

I don’t think there is at this point, definitely something I would support as well. It seems session recordings are stored at %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\JWrapper-SimpleHelp Technician\JWAppsSharedConfig\videos, where two folders (access, support) contain respective recordings in an encrypted format (ESVF). This file format must be specific to SimpleHelp, as I can’t find any documentation about it online anywhere.

I’d like to add my 2 cents in and say that being able to save a recording locally would be a really nice feature…especially when trying to use clips for technician training.

2 Likes

It would be nice to be able to convert to a more standard format and save locally. I would imagine for a big helpdesk, the space taken up on the server for recordings could become quite large. Even when you encode it, it’s a .ewebm file but that’s not playable either, it’s not a standard webm video format.

I also use ShareX which can do screen recordings as well. Nowhere near as tightly integrated as the recording button but it does work.

I use a plethora of screen video capture tools - OBS, HyperCam, Windows Game Recorder etc. I work quite a bit with video editors. With that preface I ask - what is an .esvf file and how do you play it? :grinning: