Install the service on a Raspberry Pi

Hi, I’ve been a long-term user of Simple Help, but up until now only need to install on Windows & Macs. I’m now trying to install the service on a Raspberry Pi 4. The downloaded tar file seems to run, but I can’t then find how to access the interface in order to set up the service. Any help would be much appreciated. Robert

You could enable ssh on the Pi and remotely install via the Mass Deployment tool in the Technician’s console https://simple-help.com/mass-deployment-guide

FYI I have experienced problems with the Access Client service not auto starting after reboot of the Pi device.

I SFTP the binary install to the RPI or Linux server and run the command line install. I have experienced no problems with the agent auto restarting on reboot.

./Remote\ Access-linux64-online /s name=“myhostname” /host=https://simple-help.server.com

2 Likes

Hi,
What version of java did you use?
On my pi4 I installed a headless of buster and java is now working correctly.
Thanks

Here is my output.

pi@pi4simple:~ $ java -version
openjdk version “11.0.3” 2019-04-16
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 11.0.3+7-post-Raspbian-5)
OpenJDK Server VM (build 11.0.3+7-post-Raspbian-5, mixed mode)
pi@pi4simple:~ $ sudo sh /opt/SimpleHelp/serverstart.sh
OpenJDK Server VM warning: Option UseMembar was deprecated in version 10.0 and will likely be removed in a future release.
pi@pi4simple:~ $ java.lang.ClassFormatError: Incompatible magic value 529205248 in class file SecureRunner2
at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:1016)
at java.base/java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:174)
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.defineClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:802)
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.findClassOnClassPathOrNull(BuiltinClassLoader.java:700)
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClassOrNull(BuiltinClassLoader.java:623)
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:581)
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:178)
at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:521)
at SecureRunner1.(SecureRunner1.java:402)
at SecureRunner1.(SecureRunner1.java:227)
at SecureRunner1.main(SecureRunner1.java:52)
^C