Screen refresh problem

Has anyone else raised a ticket on this? If not, I’ll raise one myself.

I’ve not experienced this issue at all (touch wood), I’m on Windows 10 20H2 although I was on 2004 and 1909 and 1809 before that. Could it be a driver issue on your device that’s using SH are you using 64-bit or 32-bit Simple Help / OS? I’m on 64-bit OS and have been using 64-bit SH for the past few years. I connect to multiple Windows Servers and Windows 10 clients on different builds (remote end) and haven’t seen this happen yet. What version of Java is your client running is it fully up to date? What AV are you using? Sophos in the past interfered and slowed graphic rendering believe it or not that’s why I query that too.

I have noticed this problem. I don’t think it is limited to simple help. I have seen a couple of other programs have this issue as well. I think it depends on how often the application requests a full repaint. Should note its in windows 10.

I’ve raised a support ticket and this should be fixed in the next release.

Awesome! Thanks for taking the initiative Rob.

SimpleHelp 5.2.15 (20210409-155539)
[Bug] Fixed an issue where the remote screen may become corrupt or appear to be missing content, particularly after switching away from the Technician Console.

Going to upgrade and see if this fixes it. Thanks again Rob!

Should have said that SH gave me early access to v5.2.15 - had it for about a month now and all good.

@Rob_Nicholson As another running a Pre-release v5.2.15, I share the friendly reminder to upgrade to the production release v5.2.15. Check your Build and/or the MD5 sum of the package used to install.

Production Release is Build 20210409-163022

-David

Although I had the pre-release, I have updated as well to build 1630222