Simpe Help and Chocolatey

Hi,
I try combine Simple Help and Chocolatey for get force tool for install, delete and reinstall apps.

Example Goals:

1. Install Chocolatey via Simple Help
  2. Install 7 zip via Chocolatey and SimpleHelp

1.Create toolbox

• Run Script
  • Batch Script
    @"%SystemRoot%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe" -NoProfile -InputFormat None -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Command “iex ((New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadString(‘https://chocolatey.org/install.ps1’))” && SET “PATH=%PATH%;%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\chocolatey\bin”
    This work nice.
  1. Create toolbox
  • Run Script
  • Batch Script
    choco install 7zip.install -y
    Here have problem not have install 7 zip, I suspect script no run “run as administrator”
    Help how force “run as administrator”.
1 Like

There will be the issue of typing the administrator password because all are different. Here is an example of a command line: runas /profile /user:administrator “Drive:\folder\program”, however it will ask for the administrator password as you cannot hard code it because of having the need for different passwords for each machine you connect to.

JP

I try, but not help. Find other solution.
*First create ps script with name install.ps1 with cointent
choco install -y 7zip firefox
*create toolbox
*add a resource install.ps1
*Run a Script
*Batch Script
@"%SystemRoot%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe" -NoProfile -InputFormat None -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Command C:\tmp\install.ps1
*Working Directory
C:\tmp

1 Like

What if as a workaround the script did something like:

1. create temporary user with very complex password
  2. elevate the temporary user to local admin
  3. run chocolatey script (using user and very complex password you set)
  4. demote user to non-local admin (optional step as a precaution if deletion for some reason fails)
  5. delete temporary user

This would allow you to have a static user/pass that is used in the toolbox, and should not present any additional security risk to the computer you are performing it on.

Simplehelp access client runs as system. So its already an administrator, you just need to tell it to elevate. You can do this by creating a batch file to request elevation and and run your script inside and elevated vbs.

Here is an example I use to fix domain trust issues Replace “powershell Test-ComputerSecureChannel -Repair” with your command you want elevated. Hope this helps.:

1 Like