SimpleHelp 5.5 Beta 2

A new Beta version of SimpleHelp 5.5 is now live on our downloads page:

SimpleHelp 5.5 Beta

Please note that this release is not production ready. There are two large changes in this release compared to Beta 1:

• macOS screen capture has been rewritten to use ScreenCaptureKit on macOS 14. This gives users the ability to share particular applications or windows within SimpleHelp.
  • Any new code signatures now use a Digicert code signing certificate. Please let us know if you see any signing related issues.

Thanks for supporting SimpleHelp!

1 Like

@gchristelis Anything in particular you want feedback on / tested? I am good at breaking things :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for offering to break things again Darrell!

We’re expecting this release to be much nearer to stable than Beta 1, but there have been changes / fixes around these areas:

• Code signing, let us know if you see any binaries that refuse to run for any reason.
  • Pointer location on remote machines, particularly when connecting to remote machines that have multiple displays with different scaling factors.
  • Open ID Connect could use review as well, but this requires documentation else it is not particular easy to configure the authentication service side of things.
  • Connections to older Windows systems and connections to newer macOS systems.
  • Toolbox executions across many machines (this should now be streamlined making executions more reliable and responsive).

Thanks!

Has anyone found any issues with the latest beta?

I’d hold off unless it’s for testing, it seemed a bit sluggish to me, the upgrade from 5.4.10 to 5.5 has bugs in it, which can cause a memory overflow from what I have experienced with multiple occurrences of “Remote Access.exe” being created if the upgrade is not successful. As it says not production ready.

I found the same thing. Memory leak with remote access and multiple instances spawning. When I upgraded a client from 5.4 to 5.5 the 5.4 client stayed so the 5.4 and 5.5 client was trying to run at the same time.
Very much not production-ready. But it’s fun to play with.

I need to do some more testing with open ID and different display scaling.

Looking forward to more improvements.

1 Like