Tool Repository - SimpleHelp staff, can we have a place to submit tools for others?

SimpleHelp staff, can we have a place to submit tools for others to import and use?

4 Likes

Hi Tony,

Do you mean a place within the community / forum for everyone to share tools or within your SimpleHelp server to allow techs to share?

Thanks

Antony

1 Like

Within the forum/community. Allow them to describe what it is and what resources are needed and provide a link so that viewers can import the tool in to their own tool box.

This is done with a lot of products to great success and allows new users to get a head start with their new purchase. It would also be a good sales tool for you. Potential license purchasers can come here and see that there is a set of tools ready and people to talk to about them. Adds value to your product. :slight_smile: I think it would also incentivize more users to utilize this community forum.

2 Likes

I’d like to second this.

We’ve used SimpleHelp for several years but have only recently started experimenting with the Toolbox function. Currently we probably don’t have much that we can contribute to the proposed repository but over time we could potentially expand our knowledge by examining, utilising and adapting the work of others who have more experience.

As Tony suggests, it will also bring SimpleHelp in line with other products.

2 Likes

This is one of the first things I looked for when I started with Simple Help. Great Idea.

2 Likes

Yes, please. I need some examples to get my toolbox started.

2 Likes

I try share my favorite tools for windows
Files

1. Get wget tool for later use
    and wget in resourse file and script
    “exit 0”
  2. After can download file
    wget “http://link/path” -O “c:\path\save\file.exe” -q

Network

1. Renew IP
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew
  2. Disable firewall
    NetSh Advfirewall set allprofiles state off

Users

1. Test admins users
    net localgroup Administrators
  2. Remove from Admins group
    net localgroup administrators myuser /delete
  3. Add user in Admins group
    net localgroup administrators myuser /delete
  4. Add new user admin
    net user myuser MYPASSWORD /ADD
    net localgroup administrators myuser /add
    WMIC USERACCOUNT WHERE Name=‘myuser’ SET PasswordExpires=FALSE
  5. Update/ restart password
    net user myuser MYPASSWORD

Task scheduler

1. Crate new task need have profile, normality create task after export in .xml
    SCHTASKS /CREATE /TN “Name of task” /XML “C:\path\profil.xml” /RU myuser /RP MYPASSWORD
  2. Remove task
    schtasks /delete /tn “Name of task” /f
  3. Run task
    schtasks /Run /TN “Name of task”

Update

1. Clean cash windows update
    net stop wuauserv
    net stop bits
    rename %windir%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.bak
    net start wuauserv
    net start bits

Printers

1. Add network printer example Lexmark MX310
    cscript c:\Windows\System32\Printing_Admin_Scripts\en-US\prnport.vbs -a -r IP_192.168.77.30 -h 192.168.77.30 -o raw -n 9100
    cd C:\Windows\System32
    rundll32.exe printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /if /f “C:\path\to\driver\LMADVP40.inf” /b “Lexmark MX310dn” /r “IP_192.168.77.30” /m “Lexmark MX310 Series XL”

Installation

1. Install msi (free tool for convert exe to msi https://apreltech.com/Downloads/ExetomsiSetup.msi)
    msiexec /i namefile.msi /qn

Ofc will be easy have tool for share for Public for all users SimpleHelp

1 Like

Yes this would be awesome. A way to export a tool from a toolbox to upload to a repo here. Then to install it you download the package and import into your tech console. Or a one click link would be cool too.

1 Like