Won't run on mac

Have a client with a Mac. But SH won’t run. Apple complains that “Remote Access” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.
Had client make sure they were opening it by right-click and opening, but same thing.
It also says the software needs to be updated. I am using the latest version of SH.

I believe the current version of SH has an issue with the latest version ios. This has been resolved in the upcoming version of SimpleHelp which should be released very soon. You can get a copy of the beta from the support section of the Simple Help website.

If you need a more immediate fix, this article from Apple also shows how to disable those messages if the user is willing to update their system settings: Safely open apps on your Mac - Apple Support

My apologies for only providing a link as it may one day be removed by Apple, but it is a fairly lengthy article that I do not believe anyone wants to see completely recreated here. Here are the basics though:

In macOS Catalina and macOS Mojave, when an app fails to install because it hasn’t been notarized or is from an unidentified developer, it will appear in System Preferences > Security & Privacy, under the General tab. Click Open Anyway to confirm your intent to open or install the app.

The warning prompt reappears, and you can click Open.*

The app is now saved as an exception to your security settings, and you can open it in the future by double-clicking it, just as you can any authorized app.
*If you’re prompted to open Finder: control-click the app in Finder, choose Open from the menu, and then click Open in the dialog that appears. Enter your admin name and password to open the app.

Using a Mac Management platform such as Munki or JAMF, they pre-sign the application - and since your mac will use either management platform as a trusted host, any package installed by it is whitelisted.

I use a variety of tools to manage multiple different platforms. SH is one that I use for remotely accessing the internal networks of places - then I invoke their local management platforms - keeps from having to punch too many holes in the firewall(s).